FUN d'mentals Sound Sorting Kit
Use our FUN d’mentals Sound Sorting Kit to guide children to learn, practice, and reinforce beginning sounds and rhyming words, strengthen auditory and visual memory, and understand the concept of same/different and develop and use oral language. The kit also includes two sets of our Early Start Cards and game directions. Children love animals and this kit will give you plenty of animals and game ideas to teach and reinforce important phonemic concepts. Children can also learn different habitats for the creatures in our kit as you provide mini biology lessons, and sort animals by their color, habitat, classification, type of body covering or number of legs. Children can be guided to develop vocabulary and language as they learn the names of the animals and construct sentences about them.
Level A Early Literacy Kit
The Level A Kit is designed to make direct instruction of phonemic awareness easy for teachers and parents.
- Level A Phonemic Awareness manual for learning the sounds of spoken English. This booklet outlines step-by-step how to provide direct instruction of phonemic awareness games that will empower a child to discriminate the sounds of the spoken English language and understand how these basic sounds (phonemes) work together to make up words.
- Magic Penny Reading Level A: Early Start Picture Cards (representing 12 VC, 36 CV, and 48 CVC words) to use for guiding children to develop new vocabulary, and teaching them how to blend sounds together into words (critical skill for reading), and segment words into sounds (critical skill for spelling).
- 5 Mystery Word Game Mats that reverse to 2-sound Mystery Sound Game Mats.
- 5 Magic Penny 3-sound Game Mats that reverse to Fish Score Card Game Mats.
- Animal Kingdom Cards, 36 animal picture cards with details and facts about each animal. There are 3 different animals beginning with each of the 12 different sound/letter correspondences taught in Magic Penny Reading Level B. The Animal Kingdom Cards are used in the phonemic awareness games outlined in the Level A Phonemic Awareness manual.
- Habitat/Attribute Cards allow the teacher to do mini science/critical thinking lessons using the Animal Kingdom Cards when guiding the children to sort and classify animals by beginning sound, habitat, family (mammal, reptile, etc.), or by attributes (outer covering, number of legs, etc.)
- PreK and K Concept Flip Books - our exclusive flip books further develop the critical early literacy skills; the concepts that build the foundation for literacy success. This set contains four developmental flip books. These high quality and durable spiral bound flip books are a perfect introduction to early literacy and are recommended for all preschool and kindergarten classrooms. This set contains Concept Book titles: Fish (teach concepts of same/different, colors, beginning/middle/end, above/below, patterns), Beginning Sounds, Rhyming, Sound Order (teach how to separate a word into its phonemes), a reproducible fish template (teachlistening skills and how to follow directions), two reproducible skill development/coloring booklets; Beginning Sounds and Rhyming, and 2 sets of PK and K picture matching cards and game booklet.
- Level B Alpha Animals™ matching game boards.
- Access to Level B Alpha Animals™ song videos
Magic Penny Early Literacy Labs
If your child already can blend sounds together into words and separate words into sounds, they are ready for beginning phonics lessons in the Alpha Animals Activity Books and songs. These activity books are each based on a different set of alphabet letters. Your children will meet the Alpha Animals that live in each activity book. They will color posters, learn how to form the letters, play sound/letter matching games, word making games, decoding word BINGO games, and read 3 decodable readers that are included inside each Alpha Animal activity book. You progress through Level B, C, and D. When children finish Level D, they know all of their basic sound/letter relationships, as well as sh, ch, th, wh, and the "magic e".
Level E: Magic Penny Secrets Book One
Level F: Magic Penny Reading Secrets Book Two
Secrets of the Symbols
A colorful thematic advanced phonics skill book that is perfect as a follow up to the Intermediate Level E and F Materials or used as a remedial skill book for grades 4 through 12. This book includes one set of 54 brightly colored sound letter cards to be used for advanced games and skill reinforcement.